“I see it all perfectly; there are two possible situations - one can either do this or that. My honest opinion and my friendly advice is this: do it or do not do it - you will regret both.”—Soren Kierkegaard (via meltinyourmouth)
“10. In Alabama it is against the law to exploit a bear by promoting, engaging in or being employed at a bear wrestling match, or by subjecting a bear to surgical alteration of any kind, including, but not limited to, declawing, tooth removal and severing tendons.”—
50. Drinking just three cups of coffee a day can make women’s breasts shrink.
48. Chimpanzees keep a mental record of helpful acts from other members of their group, such as grooming, scratching and removing fleas, so they can return the favor.
47. Women who answer to another woman in the workplace feel significantly more stressed than those who have a male supervisor.
40. A newly found species of bacteria can grow at low temperatures, spoiling raw milk even when it’s refrigerated.
38. Men with rounded faces, soft jaw lines, thin eyebrows, bright eyes, small nostrils, large mouths, thin lips, a warm, bright complexion and no facial hair are considered the most trustworthy, according to “modern-day facial stereotyping.”
27. Delaying fatherhood can substantially increase the risk of fertility problems, with the chance of impregnation decreasing once the man is older than 35.
26. Girls and boys now perform equally on standardized high school mathematics tests across North America, ending a gender gap that lasted for decades.
25. More than 20 percent of U.S. Internet users are watching prime-time episodic content online, with half of that viewing serving as a replacement for watching the shows on TV.
21. Drinking red wine, but not white wine, may reduce lung cancer risk, especially among current and ex-smokers
19. People in a position to hire are biased against applicants with limp or wet handshakes, and interviewers often rate women who don’t shake hands as firmly as men lower than their qualifications warrant.
12. The use of social networking sites such as Facebook and MySpace on company computers leads to increased productivity
“The only way to accept an insult is to ignore it. If you can?t ignore it, top it. If you can?t top it, laugh at it. If you can?t laugh at it, you probably deserved it.”—(via littlemiss) (via radarchive) (via zombienovela)
“Thomas Edison lobbied successfully for the word “hello” to be used as the standard telephone greeting, much to the dismay of Alexander Graham Bell who preferred “Ahoy! Ahoy!”“”—Modern Marvels: Retro Tech (via randyhaddock)