I packed my bags and I’m heading straight into the storm
Gonna be a twister to blow everything down
That ain’t got the faith to stand its ground
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and broken-hearted” —Bruce Springsteen, aka The Boss
I’ve noticed lately that Ayn Rand quotes are beginning to outnumber pet pics on my Tumblr dashboard.
On a related note, Ayn Rand was, by and large, full of shit.
i lose a little more faith in my generation whenever someone quotes her. i was into ayn rand when i was SEVENTEEN. please move on.
i also cringe when someone mentions noam chomsky or ralph nader, like no one with a liberal arts education has EVER heard of those two. they may have played a part in my formative years, and i’m glad that they exist and raise issues that many won’t discuss, but really, who wants to be a dirty hippie for all eternity? -M
Speaking of dirty hippies, I’ll add Communism-inspired fashion accessories to the list of things that make me lose faith in our dim-witted generation. Are you the ruthless dictator of a small island nation? No? Then maybe you should leave the Castro hat at home.
Then again, I doubt half the people wearing Castro hats have any idea who Castro is or what he stands for. When you say “Castro,” they think “stoned American Idol contestant with white-man dreads.”
- David: DP fan?
- due process?
- me: death penalty
- David: oh
- gotcha. that makes much more sense
- me: oh, fuck due process. I hate due process
- David: ewww
- due process
- more like totally unnecessary because of course you're guilty..........process
- me: hahaha
- David: i mean if you're arrested you're basically guilty
- me: obviously
- they had enough evidence to suspect you, so they must have suspected for a reason right?
- David: just like why should the police not be allowed into my house whenever they want?
- if i'm not doing anything wrong, then i have nothing to worry about
- except i'm usually doing something wrong
- like blowing some coke off of the barrel of an illegal gun
- me: yeah
- if you don't commit crimes you don't have to worry about "constitutional rights"
- they're just to protect CRIMINALS
- David: i think the constitution was a satire
- like "a modest proposal"
- except i think "a modest proposal" was a good idea
- me: like the FFs were really saying "what kind of whack jobs would give criminals a trial?"
- David: "Jefferson, this shit is hilarious. I gotta go tell my slave-mistress about this"
- "We should totally call them Constitutional 'wrongs'"
- "No, it will be funnier this way if we call them rights"
Heh. What’s wrong with this sentence?